Surviving 2020 – Quarantini Cocktail Recipes!December 17, 2020 / by Schaeffer Kuzman / Categories :
Welcome to the 2020 Hunger Games! Oops, we mean “Welcome to the 2020 Holidays!”
What a year it has been, we’ve seen pandemics, elections, a near WW3 and Harrison Ford act with a CGI dog. A pretty tough year for a lot of normally enjoyable areas. However, we were not at a complete void of renaissance. DRINKING.
What a year for drinking and At Home drinking at that! We saw some truly classic cocktails get created this year. The ‘Can’t Leave the House’ cocktail, ‘How’s It Only Tuesday’ cocktails and my personal favorite, ‘Oh My God Where’d That Bottle of Wine Go’ cocktails. If you were anything like me, as your food supply and morale dwindled, your laundry basket and personal bar grew. And out of the ashes that are 2020 arose glorified, at home cocktails. I even started a mini-series about such cocktails, “Hometails”, available on Peacock every Tuesday at 8pm ET.
Below are a few of my favorites from the past nine years (months?) I hope you enjoy!
Because COVID. Someone has to party while locked up in the house, why not let it be you and drink a simple Marg!
- 2 oz tequila (Los Sunday’s is my favorite)
- 1 oz cointreau
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Throw all that goodness in a shaker with ice, shake it all up.
- Pour it over ice into glass with a half salt/half plain rim and you are good to go!
A Work From Home Pick-Me-Up. Easy to wake up and start your workday off with a jolt of caffeine and liquor pick me up!
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ oz Kahlua
- 1 oz espresso
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 3 espresso beans
- Add the vodka, Kahlua, espresso and simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until very cold and there are no shards of ice left.
- Strain into up glass and garnish with three espresso beans.
Mind Eraser Shot
The best way to focus and read the NYT on Sundays. Let’s forget 2020 ever happened with these Mind Erasers, easy to make, faster to rip down!
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz soda water
- Pour the Kahlua in a low glass full of ice.
- Add vodka and then soda water.
- Take a straw and place it to the bottom of the glass and suck down as fast as you can!